Recently we enjoyed yet another German birthday party for my good friend Claudia. It was a milestone birthday for her so it had to be a milestone party and that it was. Good food, friends, music, decor, cakes and even sky lanterns let go in the dark of night. We watched them sail away into the night as Claudia said goodbye to her past while placing a wish for her future into each lantern as it was released. Loved that!
So as part of Mark's gift to Claudia he got his buddies together; Jason, Paula and Derek to serenade her with a few of her favorites as well as their's. Who knew you could play "Welcome to the Jungle" from Guns and Roses acoustically?! Well it can be done! Here is how you dance ballet to rock and roll folks. I'm sure it will catch on and be the new rage!
So what does all this have to do with glass ceilings you ask? Well my girls hit their heads HARD on the glass ceiling we call inherited genes that night. Poor things, we can no longer say that someday they will be world champion dart throwers. Their aim is as bad as their parents. Look at our history, we can't shoot straight with our lives to save us. We move at least every 3 years, change our professions and hobbies on a regular basis. . . geez look at how many different hair styles and colors I have had AND remember bald Mark???!!!! Poor Poor girls. At least we have a long long list of other things they can "be when they grow up" Whew, I was worried for a minute.
7 comments:
Ok, so,in 5 years, when I have another "milestone" birthday,can I have a party like this one? It looks like you had a great time!!
Love ya,
Laurie
Leslie, I knew we had reason to worry about the Frandsen family and their lack of "activity". I knew it! :-)
Looks like a blast of a party! I never was good at dart throwing either. You guys are lucky to have such friendly neighbors.
Sounds like a fun party. I like the lantern thing. Cool idea!
You rebel, you! We all KNOW you are covering up and can tell very well what was in that glass--ha ha.
I'm so sad that I missed the party... It looks like a great time was had.
Hope to see you soon... and hope that you are feeling better than the last time we talked.
~Becky
The videos are great-the video of Mckenna was espesially great! Don't worry your girls are so talented they don't need dart throwing. I also love the picture of you and the custom brew-oh do I love a good contraversy!
Hi Leslie,
i am so glad to have you all here!!!
Thank you!!
Love Claudia
Post a Comment