Sunday, June 27, 2010

States Vist - Utah

This is such a late post on this part of our trip. But I'm doing it now and it is kinda nice, bringing back those memories. The view out my parent's back door is breathtaking all year long. This time of year it is getting warmer but you can still see all the snow on the mountain tops. Love That. This is a picture of the whole family, no missing pieces, all together. That's a keeper!
I think the best thing about the Utah part of our visit was (okay shopping was really fun) renewing all our relationships with our family. It was fun to see my siblings in their roles as parents and how I loved seeing all my nieces and nephews play with my children. My children needed that more than anything, it was like a happy comfy drug.
This is what McKenna was into everyday at Grandma's house:
While we were there we celebrated my Grandfather's 90th birthday party. Such super lucky timing in that I got to catch up with my cousins and watch my kiddo's play with even more little family members.
We also caught up with Mark's sisters, Amy and Kelly. Plus we got to hang with Clark and Gage, and more of our great friends.

I also got to catch up with friends, some I hadn't seen in a long time, some we had recently said goodbye to from Germany. Going back to the states was good for my soul. It had been 3 whole years and it allowed me time to renew my friendship with the good 'ol USA. It filled up my cup and I came home refreshed and with a bit of a healed soul.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh leslie--I love this post-your family is beautiful and Utah looks amazing
Jamie

Laurie said...

Thanks for this post... I've been waiting for it. I'm so glad you came and I'm so glad we were able to get so much of the family together for Dad's party. I love you and miss you.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!!

--Becky

Kim said...

and we loved seeing you too!!!! It had been forever...you have such a beautiful family and it was great to be able to see you

Krista said...

What fun on the farm! I totally enjoy you Leslie!

Krista said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laurel said...

I am so glad that you got to go back to the states. 3 years is a really long time and I have no idea how you went that long. I love the first photo...beautiful! So, did it make you miss Germany again or are you ready to move back?

Anonymous said...

You begged that right , alot of SHOPPING and bonding. So much fun to have everyone together, loved it all. MOM

Anonymous said...

PEG IS THE WORD NOT BEG