So the girls caught him at a weak moment, he didn't stand a chance, didn't even put up a fight. And this is the result:
I think the real reason he didn't put up a fight was that he knew he needed to rest to be ready for the World Cup soccer game tonight. It is THAT important. Superbowl to Mark is fluff and feathers compared to a good soccer match. Which means my husband might as well be deployed for the next month for the amount of time we will be able to have an engaging conversation with him, where his eyes aren't darting back to the TV every minute and mumbling the words, "uhum" over and over and over. What I really mean to say is the man totally deserves it. To have most nights free to watch soccer it is something Mark has not had the freedom to do in a very long time. I'd like to think I'm a positive thinker, so here is what I gain: quiet time to read books or watch chick flicks as much as I want. It is a win win situation indeed.
And to my dear husband who might not like the idea of his "sparkly toes" going out into the cosmic soup, just wait, I'll make it up to you this weekend. It will involve something chocolaty that melts in your mouth, cuz I haven't made my famous chocolate chip cookies in quite a long time.
Oh, and by the way. Remember the Drew Carey show? Here it is back at ya:
10 comments:
LOVE it! Poor Mark...but he should have known! I'm sure he was a good sport about it though!
Miss you guys so much!
That's hilarious, but trust me, Lee can relate! I hope he has fun watching the game. Another reason why I would like to trade with you is that Lee wouldn't be able to do that because he is always working or traveling or traveling for work, and if he made it home for the last part of the game, he would be watching it with his work computer in his lap. Would love for him to reach the same state as Mark.
I'm sure my dad has endured being "made up" several times. I do remember him wearing little white Easter hats with ribbons down his back, bows off of presents, and all sorts of things to make his little girls giggle with glee!! Daddy's are good guys. And very patient.
Too funny, Your one of the best dads ever.Love MOM#2
this was SO funny that I had to show Jesse!!!!
Mark... pink is a wonderful color on you.
--Becky
either he was one very tired man or the girls are very skilled toe painters. We had a good chuckle out of that one. Mark deserves more then a cookie for that one.
For a man, he has amazingly nice looking feet!
And the color--divine! Ha Ha. Post your cookie recipe!
For a man, he has amazingly nice looking feet!
And the color--divine! Ha Ha. Post your cookie recipe!
Leslie-first,I love reading your blog: and second, John doesn't usually follow it except when Mark in involved, because I cannot help but call John over to the computer for a "hey John-you gotta come see this, Mark made Leslie's blog" and he knows a good laugh is coming :) so when he gets back from TDY I'm showing John!
Congratulations Mark on being had! Good going girls!! I say a make over like McKenna's next time too! We had a good laugh.. Travis, well maybe his laugh was to cover up a slight suspicion of his own.. don't snooze exposed daddy!
As far as cattle go we should have plenty Mark, to cover the prearrangements.. he he! If only they knew what we are scheming.. this means to you will have to reside in Texas! All the better! You are ours!
We love you and miss you.. an afternoon is just not enough!!
Post a Comment