Well the snow came and came and came and it is still coming. Today the kids were let out early and we are expecting even more snow tonight and tomorrow. Bailey and I went outside today and took these shots in the backyard. Mark heard at work that this year is the most snow accumulation since 1969.
Which brings me back to Wonder Woman:
What the heck, let's give it a shot. We put in the DVD and instantly I waited for the girls to look at me with astounded eyes telling me that "You're so old fashioned," "I can't believe you want us to watch this," and "this is SO boring." We start by meeting Wonder Woman on her planet with her queen mother and sisters. They have skimpy flowing dresses and are wearing tiaras and are stronger than steel. The girls are mesmerized . . . seriously. Then it happens, the first time Diana Prince turns herself into Wonder Woman and Bailey looks at me and says, "That was SO cool." What?! Seriously?! Because the whole time I was watching I'm thinking thoughts like, "Geez this is old," "That invisible plane has to be plastic with Barbie dolls sitting in the cockpit," "how many times are we going to hear the magic chimes in the background and the lightning when she turns," and "I wasn't even BORN when this was made . . . or was I?" Let's just say I wasn't, it's my blog, I can lie if I want.
And that Steve Trevor? How in the world is he so super smart but can't see what is right in front of him?! Oh, it must be the super sized glasses that Diana Prince wears to disguise herself. Anyone with glasses like those can't possibly have super powers.
Maybe he has too much hair product which causes helmet head which then causes blindness??
So instead of hearing negative comments about Wonder Woman I hear things like, "Mom, this is so cool," "Mom, she is so awesome, she can even beat up the boys," and "her plane is awesome, I wish I had one." And I find myself thinking, "She really is something, anyone that can keep those bosoms inside that outfit whilst jumping, running and blocking bullets . . . well that is just plain impressive." What IS her secret? And on top of that we were super lucky to see the episode where Rick Springfield made a cameo. Oh yeah, you remember "Jessie's Girl"! Or do you? Remember...I wasn't even born yet.



7 comments:
I LOVED that show!!!
I wish we had some of your snow... We just get enough to make everything slick and dirty and then the inversion comes back... I am ready for Spring.
Can't wait to hear about what other theatrical treasures you can find at the library.
Laurie
Thats too funny!
Everyone is ready for spring!
Keep spinning , Grandma
Cute! Maybe I should show this to the girls. I would probably get the other comments though.I hope you are staying warm. We were in DC for the weekend and got about 6 inches of snow.
I love that you brought this home for the girls. Wonder Women should be a part of every women's childhood. I don't remember watching the show as much as just pretending to save the world with my shirt all twisted up and thinking that Superman should be my boyfriend. :)
Hahahaha!!! Love it! Get those girls red tie up boots and a gold whip for Christmas... okay... maybe not a whip. :D
You make me laugh! I remember it too! But it is surreal to see the pictures of it on your blog. I forgot that outfit and glasses. Too funny.
HEY! Steph and I LOVE Jesse's GIRL! We actually JUST heard it on the radio today! We wouldn't get out of the car until it was OVER! hahaha.
Cute post though!
Post a Comment