Thursday, August 14, 2008

Random thoughts

So the girls, meaning Bailey, McKenna and Ellie have all become a little under the weather this week. Low grade fevers mixed with little runny noses. So as a result we have had to lay low for a few days to get them ready for our big weekend to Belgium. McKenna said it best this morning when I asked her how she was. She replied, "The sick got on me last night" and "I think it is love sick".

One afternoon between naps we went for a walk to pick wild blackberries. One more thing to add to my list of favorites things in Germany. They are growing all over our little village and thanks to Gary and his talent for finding the good things outdoors, we now know where the goods are. Too bad we missed them the last two seasons. We have been enjoying them on our breakfast cereal, on ice cream and tarts and just popping them in our mouths as the day goes by. And best of all they are free for the pickin'.




The sun came out for a brief minute yesterday and so the girls wanted to go outside to ride their bikes. McKenna was in full dress up mode and had on her Sunday dress with tights. I told her she needed to put on pants and shoes to ride bikes. The girl is smart, she was not willing to remove the dress, so pants were put on under the dress and on top of the tights. Compromise, we both get what we wanted. I'm okay with that!




Wish us luck on our big weekend adventure, we wish for happy healthy kids, minimal rain and a whole lot of Belgian adventure!

2 comments:

Krista said...

I really hope the kids stay healthy. I, too, love the blackberries but it seems the stinging nettle is always throughout so there is a "thorn" to this rose!

Phillips Flips said...

Oh those blackberries are divine! We discovered a wild bunch of them near our house and are constantly making trips over there and getting scratched and tummyaches! But it is fun. I love the compromise you made with McKenna - she is such a cute girly girl!