Monday, August 11, 2008

Medieval Fest!

This is something I have been wanting to experience since we moved here and found out they are held pretty regularly. I think we lucked out and found one of the better ones because as soon as we crossed the entrance I started looking for Mel Gibson to jump out and with his Braveheart army, serious Medieval-ites going on here in Angelbachtal. Loved this picture of a cute little family, their transportation was the horse:


We had a great time people watching, perusing all the artisan booths, watching a jousting tournament and of course enjoying all the good food.



Tempting for lunch, but in the end I had to say no. But it totally added to the atmosphere!




Here is Mark's next gig, that is when we retire from whatever institution Mark chooses, and have our millions in the bank (ha, ha) and I'm in a place where I am okay with my hubby wearing that. . . uhm. . . kilt?! Wonder if he will still have enough hair for the mohawk? Probably not, guess they'll kick us out. With this band it is as much the look as the talent. Darn mohawk, holding us back from our full potential.

We ended the day perfectly with the kiddo's riding this excellent old fashioned ferris wheel while the adults enjoyed flammkuchen. The ferris wheel was so awesome, all man powered and the kids just thought it was the highlight of the day.



This was the sign on the front of the wheel, wonder if it really dates back to the 1400's? I'm just going to say yes and truly believe that generations of children squealed on the wheel just like mine.

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Looks like so much fun! We went to a medieval festival in MN of all places, and it was a blast. Although, I am sure a German one is much, much better.

Phillips Flips said...

What fun! Where was the fest? The mud looked awesome. I heard there's also a cool medieval fest in Rothenburg in September. We haven't been to one yet but your pics make them look great!