Friday, December 16, 2011

Busy girls

Just wanted to add an update to the things going on with the girls.  They are so super smart and talented and I enjoy them everyday.  I feel very blessed to have the resources to provide these experiences for them, and I hope someday they look back fondly on their childhood and think, "Man, my childhood rocked"

Bailey was awarded the Silver level on the honor roll for the 1st quarter of 7th grade.  This year was a transition as her curriculum is getting closer and closer to preparing her for high school. Still, she continues to grasp concepts quickly and loves learning (or is it socializing)
 
McKenna performed in The Nutcracker with her ballet class.  She has really loved being a ballerina and during the dress rehearsals she enjoyed watching the older girls dance.  She has the body for it, long lean legs and the love of being all that is girly.

Here is a video of McKenna's performance.  She is the third "party guest" to run to the tree.  She enjoyed this so much, we've come such a long way from cowering in the corner and clinging to mom.  But to be honest, I miss the cling.

4 comments:

sherrie said...

Yes they are very smart, talented girls/young ladies! Love them to death. I have been waiting to see the ballet and it was wonderful. McKenna must keep dancing she is perfect. love you grandma xoxox

Danette said...

Yes smart girls. Glad that Bailey is keeping her "head in the game" and where did McKenna get that long and lean? She is so cute and looks like she is into it, very graceful

kristine said...

I'm so pleased to see these girls grow and their personalities unfold. I love that you make all the memories happen, I think they will say it rocked! Most importantly they make it happen and will be amazing as the years go by because they have had you to follow.

Jon said...

Congrats Bailey!Great job performing McKenna!I miss you guys so much!
-Summer