Saturday, February 19, 2011

Can I get a WHOOT WHOOT

What a week, each family member had something special happen to them, so I thought I would share, but in a unique and possibly "joke that went wrong" way. So if my blog shockingly disappears, it will be because my family cornered me, deleted the evidence, reversed the joke and I'm locked up in my room with a permanent mustache.

My sister found these great lip accessories for Mark, she sent them downrange so that he would have a little trick to play during the "hurry up and wait" game we call military life. Unfortunately he didn't get the chance. So the other night I had dinner on the table and was waiting patiently (but getting hot under the collar) for my family to get to the table before everything was cold. This is how they came out:
So I thought these pictures would be a nice segway into sharing their accomplishments this week.
Bailey received the silver honor roll award this week for having a great GPA this quarter. This is especially rewarding as she actually brought her GPA up from last quarter in the middle of swim season. Most of her homework was done in the car. She rocks!
McKenna (didga notice that her 'stache matches her hair color?) won "runner up" in a Valentine coloring contest. When asked to write who she loves, she wrote "I love my sister, mommy, daddy, grandma's, grandpa's, baby Owen and my aunts. Bailey did you notice you trumped us on this one??
And last, but not least, Mark won NCO (Non Commissioned Officer) of the year. This is huge, I'm so proud of him. He too rocks! And since it doesn't state the year, we might just sneak this one in again later . . .

What about me? I spent the whole week celebrating the fact that I'm a mom and a wife to some pretty great people. Now I'm off to hide all the sharpie's in the house.

11 comments:

Laurie said...

THAT IS FANTASTIC!!!!! WAY TO GO EVERYONE!!!! (Thanks for deleting my previous post... I must have found this as you were creating it!)

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

Bailey said...

the blog has not dissappeared but I cornered her and put on a permanent mustache. these pictures are confidential don't look

im dead serious

Anonymous said...

Congrats to everyone! Love the pictures!

Anonymous said...

WHOOT WHOOT WHOOT FOR SURE AND NONE OF THOSE ACCOMPLISHMENT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED W/O A SUPPORTING WIFE & MOM !! SO CONGRATS TO ALL!!!!!
Wow mark that is impressive to say the least but we all know how HARD you work to make everyone else look super great. But you need a little grey in that stash to match he he .
Bailey that is most excellent w/ all your work w/ swim team and piano I am thrilled you were able to do such a fantastic job at school too!
Mckenna so glad we were on your list of people you love, cause YOU are so easy to love tooo. And Owen is pretty cute to !
Love you all, hope your friends have arrived safe and sound:)

Danette said...

CAN I GET A WHOOT WHOOT FOR SURE!!! What an amazing family. So proud of you all. Mark you have earned every bit of that award every bit. Bailey you are amazing you excel at everything you do. McKenna is so sweet I love that she mentioned Bailey first and Owen is honored to have a special place in her hear too. Finally I'm so glad to see that the staches are being put to good use. I bet that was a dinner to remember. I love that McKenna's matches her hair the picture cracks me up I keep laughing every time the image comes to mind. I'm glad Mark saved them for a random dinner night. Good stuff

traci said...

Love the pictures and accomplishments. Way to go!! You should be one proud Wife and Mama!

kristine said...

Incredible all of you!! Am I surprised? No way JOse! You are each pretty amazing and honors and accolades are in your cards. We love you!

Mandy said...

That is awesome! Congrats to all especially to Mark as that IS huge!

Lisa said...

Love the new blogwear! I don't get to see it much since I sub to your feed...

Loved that you acknowledge what an important part you are in their accomplishments! You rock!

Miss you guys!

kristine said...

Congratulations Mark!!! The one and only YOU!! You're amazing.

Love,

Travis & me (he is right here.. we think your cool)

Meriam said...

Way to go Frandsen Family! You ALL Rock! And, Leslie, they all have to have super support to accomplish all they do! Good girl!