Life was heavy this week. Continued car drama with repairs that I had to pay in euro (so with the current exchange rate I put out about a million dollars), my eyes are getting worse = need for new glasses, the Relief Society Christmas party that has been in the works for 2 months = canceled due to weather, Bailey's band Christmas concert = canceled due to weather. Dropped a chair on my ankle at my husbands work Christmas party (remember he is not even here), couldn't exercise all week. Had the most challenging day at work EVER. I think I pulled a major muscle in my shoulder shoveling snow because I can't lift my arm above my head. I had to say goodbye to a dear friend today, who I will miss entirely too much for my own good.
My father in-law said to me, "You will come out of this a stronger person". Maybe, but that is hard to imagine right now because I feel I'm in a boxing match and I'm going to loose by a TKO. I am not a fully functioning adult without my man.
You know, I really do tend to think of myself as more of an optimist, rather than a pessimist. I have a huge fear of becoming a pessimist. You all know THOSE kind of people, I don't really like them, they are heavy and have no sense of humor, and they probably have more wrinkles than they were genetically predetermined to have. Oh, and they have a lot of stomach aches.
So, I'm going to fight this negativity with all the energy I can muster (frankly, it is not a lot, but I'll do the best I can) so here is my list of the good things that happened this week.
I made dinner . . . once . . . the girls loved it. They said, "Mom, this is awesome" and they both cleaned their plate. I also gave them dessert.
Bailey sat right next to me on the couch last night, she even leaned her head on my shoulder and fell asleep. If I could have stayed in that position for the rest of my life . . .
While sitting in sacrament meeting, McKenna looked up at me and said, "Mommy, I love you!"
I'm a better person having known my dear friend (that I had to say goodbye to)
All the food that was prepared for the Relief Society Christmas party went to the Fisher House, that rocks!
On the one morning I thought I was going to hyperventilate, crawl back into bed and lay in the fetal position until I had to get the kids from the bus, Mark called!!
I watched McKenna read a book!
I watched Bailey swim like a freakin' fish!
I was able to help a friend in need!
I made the effort to make Baklava (I won't tell you I failed because I'm not a pessimist)
And finally, I made fudge out of nuts, for my dear husband, who swears he will die if he doesn't have fudge for Christmas.
5 comments:
I love hearing all the good stuff. We should try to dwell on the good stuff instead of the bad and celebrate all the wonderful things that happen to us. I am sorry all that bad stuff happened to you last week. I hope things will be better soon.
I hope that fudge had chocolate in it:)
The Fisher House needed your dinner more:)
I love you too:)
I will be there in 4 days and we will all be happy again for a while:)
What a lot of disappointment, but a lot of great "small" things to be grateful for...grateful you slowed down to notice how truly great they were. My Enrichment leader was put on bedrest the morning of our dinner, after putting in all the prep work...I was so disappointed for her, so I can imagine how you must have felt. But, you rock, and you can take it...and throw it back!
I tried to read between the lines--not good enough I guess. Glad you can help me overcome my pessimism. The day out was just what I needed--Leslie to the rescue once again! If Bishop gets some, give me ONE piece too (only to try!)! You do rcok!
I'm proud of you for turning it over to the positive after such a difficult week err month(s) :) It's not easy to do all the time but it is good therapy to put a new perspective on things. What's the Fisher House? Which one of your friends has moved?
Post a Comment