Thursday, April 29, 2010

Mark on AFN

AFN is the military TV network that we have access to while stationed overseas. Mark's band Touch and Go has caught the eye of one of AFN's reporters and as a result there have been a series of spots. Here is the latest one!



I am posting tonight from my parent's house in Utah. We just arrived tonight after one heck of a long trip. The girls were amazing and we flew and made it without a hitch or delay. Well, except for one MAJOR hiccup, I. FORGOT. MY. CAMERA. SERIOUSLY. Would have loved to have left something, anything else home, sans children and passports of course, but not my electronic baby. Hopefully pictures will still make it to the blog, either by mailing my camera to me, or splurging on a new one. There is an argument out there debating how many cameras a girl should own. Looks like I might be defending the part that says a girl should own more cameras than hands she can hold them with. Sounds like a good argument to me.

I know I keep saying that Mark is finally FINISHED with his dissertation, but tonight I make it officially official. While in Chicago last night we stayed at a hotel because our connecting flight wasn't until the next day. The girls and I were exhausted and fell into bed as quickly as possible. I'm standing dazed as Mark pulls out his laptop, opens a mega Diet Pepsi (we are not traitors my dear friend Diet Coke, but that was all there was to choose from, and I must say this particular hotel, I'll not name names, is now on my "avoid at all costs" list, really, who serves Diet Pepsi anymore??) and pulls up his dissertation. What in the world?? Well, final corrections from the admissions office on the layout of the paper needed to be done and today was the deadline. So after spending the last night in Germany tossing and turning with very little sleep, then enduring our 8ish hour flight, lugging our bags everywhere and taking care of the three of us, he stayed up into the wee hours and met his deadline. That is pure dedication folks. What did we do to celebrate?? Well, I treated him to his first stateside Diet Coke in the airport of course!

10 comments:

Laurie said...

First: WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to give you a big hug!!!!!!
That was a great TV spot on Mark! You're going to be famous!!
And last, but not least... I hope there was ice in that diet coke!

I'm glad your trip to this side of the planet was uneventful.

LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Aunt Laurie

Jamie Link said...

Hi Leslie--just talked to John and he says your camara will go out in the morning (express closed at 3 pm)He arrived after 3 because of pulling a girl out of a car that he watched flip on the autobahn. She's ok and he is too--crazy. Glad your in Utah safe and sound, just got Mark's voicemail (I was elbow deep in a diaper change)sorry I missed ya'll's call.

Laurel said...

Congratulations DR. FRANDSEN!!!!!

Enjoy the states! Loved the video!

kristine said...

YOUR IN AMERICA!!!!! Just hours away!!!! For the love women I am so happy you are here!

kristine said...

And WHAT???!!! Forgot the camera!! Lady who are you? But it sounds as though you may be a lady in luck.. never can have to many of some things..

Congratulations Mark!!! Your a star.. (knew that!) but you are really a accomplished man! Musician who follows his heart, and a master in education! I congratulate you! Well done!

Anonymous said...

Diet coke and NOT cola light! YAY!!!! Welcome home Frandsen's!!!

Sounds like Jamie helped you by sending your camera... You wouldn't have wanted to betray your faithful camera back home!

Hugs and kisses along with lots of compassion from Middle Georgia!

-Becky

Krista said...

Sending my loudest congratulations to Mark, hard earned! So glad you arrived safe and sound and can go with your agenda. Sorry about the camera. Do the Rays have a key to get the camera and send it?

Smith Family said...

Have fun in the states, we'll miss you! I can't believe you forgot your camera, CRAZY LADY!!
Enjoy everything, we'll be thinking of you.
Way to go again Dr. Frandsen!

Keisha Gwin said...

Congrats Mark, and family (because you guys experienced it too!) for finally reaching this amazing goal!

I miss the Frandsen family!

Hugs from Wisconsin!

Janelle said...

That totally ROCKS...
Way to go Mark (and Leslie - cuz you stood behind him for so long). You two are awesome.