Mark and I gave Bailey a bike for her birthday, unfortunately it must be stored away until spring but boy was she excited . . . in fact, so excited I couldn't get focused shot from all the jumping up and down.
Bailey wanted to take her friends rock climbing for her party which was so great. It really wore them out, so when they got back to the house they were pretty mellow for a bunch of 11 year old girls. My girl looks so grown up in this picture!!
The next picture shows Bailey doing her bonus birthday climb (she did 2 others before this one so she was tired). She made it all the way to the top. It is so interesting, rock climbing is not what I would have perceived Bailey being interested in. BUT, she really loves it. Which means that either Mark and I need to take the 101 class so that we are certified to belay her or else our pocket books are gonna take a hit. Maybe it should be me, I've been needing a challenge . . . we'll keep you informed.
11 comments:
I love that you made two cakes! They both look fabulous. I'm glad Bailey had a good party. I'm impressed with her climbing skills. You should take the class I bet you would enjoy it. That bike looks awesome!
Happy birthday Bailey! I can't believe you're 11 already. And rock climbing for your birthday party sounds like SO MUCH FUN!!!
Happy Birthday Bailey! Rock climbing is lots of fun. Lee and I know how to belay and it is easy. You should definitely take a class, and then you can be more flexible at the wall. Jordan and Camille take a climbing class every week, and they love it. And she does look old, and beautiful! I am glad that she had a good birthday!
You are definately a cool mom! Two cakes? You rock! And what a great idea for the girls to go climbing. I may have to store that one in my memory for upcoming Diotte birthdays.
LOVE THE CAKES , LOVE THE BIKE, CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WILL CLIMB THAT HIGH!! GLAD YOUR BIRTHDAY WEEK WAS A SUCCESS. LOVE , GRANDMA
Happy Birthday Bailey--- Man Leslie-- those cakes look amazing... I need lessons! I can't believe she is 11-- that means my boy is right behind. OUCH! If it makes you feel better... I potty trained Kamri with NO EFFORT because she wanted makeup== she will do ANYTHING for makeup! 2 accidents in almost 2 weeks. And... a whole lot of lip gloss
Bailey, you are BEAUTIFUL! Happy Happy Birthday my dear!
Oh man!! That girl is a beauty! What a fun party!! TWO yummy looking cakes!! What more could a girl ask for? I just wish we could have been apart of the big day! You are so impressive Leslie! All these tasty treats are making a pregnant women drool over here! Thanks for the fun and living vicariously with you still.. I love you!
Happy Birthday my sweet Bailey! You are such a beautiful young girl!!!!
I miss you!
--Becky
I am so glad she is in my class--I love Bailey! I had a birthday treat for her on Sunday but will bring it again this week. She must be sooo strong to climb that (and where is it, by the way)--and no fear of heights too. She is amazing! And Leslie, how do you stay so thin with all those lucious cakes around?! Hey, bring another book on Sunday and get Mark to bring Secret Speech too. I have both the Sarah books to return--loved, loved, loved them. Wish they would go on! See ya soon!
Birthday wishes sent to you from the Cutlers! We love ya dear! Hope all was fun and adventurous at your party...the cakes look yummy Leslie. Sure miss you guys!! Love ya all to pieces!!
Darci
Post a Comment