
We made it to a Christmas market afterall! It was a little last minute but totally worth it. Wiesbaden is about a 50 minute drive north for us and this little market was splendid. They have a theme for their market centered around their blue and yellow coat of arms. All the booths are blue with a yellow symbol on the top. They also have these tall wire towers shaped like flying birds that light up at night, THAT my friends will have to be a photo from another year as we went during the day, but I bet it is so charming and beautiful.


The other bonus was the farmer's market in the next square over from the Christmas market. Once again, European living is so great. We bought big beautiful fresh oranges and fresh daisies and red roses for very little euro which made a pretty centerpiece for our Aeblskiver dinner that evening.

The kids loved the train ride and the double carosel along with the yummy brats, waffles and crepes. Once unique thing that we have noticed this year is the Native American booths. Mark first noticed it in Italy and bought McKenna a dreamcatcher to chase away her bad dreams. Then yesterday we found a couple at this market. McKenna thought two dreamcatchers are way better than one. I haven't noticed these booths in the past but found it very interesting.



Merry Christmas everyone!
4 comments:
Nice! So glad you made it to a market and farmers market as well. Oh how I wish we had something like that to go to around here. I told Mom the other day I wish Christmas was here sooner b/c we are ready and waiting for the big day. We love and miss you. Have a great Christmas!!!!
What a beautiful Nativity! And the Native items.. I'd be a little curious about that as well. Pretty cool to find them overseas. My how your girls are growing! They are just beautiful!
You actually made me miss the markets! dang you!!!
It makes me reminiscent of our time together at the Nuremburg market last year. Merry Christmas! I hope you had a good one.
Post a Comment