So here are the results of Bailey, age 10, and McKenna, age 4.
1. What is something I always say to you?
B: I love you
M: Don't throw a fit
2. What makes me happy?
B: when you see Dad and when I'm playing happily with McKenna
M: When I do things you ask and I listen
3. What makes me sad?
B: when Dad leaves
M: when you get hurt (like when Dad leaves)
4. How do I make you laugh?
B: whenever you laugh I laugh
M: making a funny face
5. What do you think I was like as a child?
B: fun and playful
M: you loved flowers , then you "growed" up
6. How old am I?
B: 36 (or 21, she gets confused because I AM still 21, dang it)
M: 5 or 10 or 11
7. How tall am I?
B: as tall as a bookshelf
M: as tall as Dad, this tall (holding her hand up to the top of HER head while standing up)
8. What is my favorite thing to do?
B: movies with Dad, being on the computer
M: make things for people cause you're nice (she has been in the middle of watching me participate in Christine's Keepsakes)
9. What do I do when you're not around?
B: work, clean the house and go wild (at least there is that wild part)
M: clean the house. Then I asked "What else do I do?" M replies, "nothing"
10. If I become famous, what will it be for?
B: being the greatest mom ever (her allowance just went up)
M: being helpful, cleaning and mopping the floor (her allowance just took a dip)
11. What am I really good at?
B: loving me, scrapbooking
M: sweeping and mopping and putting things "togedder". (Seriously?! She'll never know what allowance is)
12. What am I not really good at?
B: keeping the office organized (she hit the nail on the unorganized head)
M: backing the car up (yup, just ask the Elder's quorum president that backed my car out for me at church last Sunday, in ONE turn of the wheel! Give me a break! I wish it would have taken at least 3 turns of the wheel, my self confidence took a huge dive)
13. What is my job?
B: being a mom
M: cleaning the house, sweeping and mopping (allowance is definitely on infinite hold)
14. What is my favorite food?
B: tomato and mozzarella salad
M: vegetables (what?!) pears and popcorn (that is one combo, sheesh)
15. what makes you proud of me?
B: that you can cook an awesome meal (additional allowance incoming)
M: when you say, "McKenna you're being so nice to Bailey" (that seems a little manipulative, don't you think?)
16. If I were a cartoon character, who would I be?
B: Garfield because you are so sarcastic (she REALLY does know me better than I thought . . . but Garfield, isn't he a little chubby?)
M: Cinderella or Belle (finally, I get to be a princess too) because they sweep and mop the floors just like you (unbelievable)
17. What do you and I do together?
B: watch movies
M: feed food to me and we love each "udder"
18. How are we the same?
B: we are both creative
M: we sweep the floors (what the . . . )
19. How are you and I different?
B: our taste in music (but I really DO like HSM, I'm not just saying that!! AND Bailey likes Frank Sinatra)
M: you glue pictures and I play (ha ha)
20. How do you know that I love you?
B: you give us medicine when we are sick
M: you give me hugs
21. Where is my favorite place to go?
B: the big ridiculous bed (someday I promise to post about this and finally reveal my big secret)
M: the walkplatz for ice cream (THAT IS RIGHT BABY)
10 comments:
That is wonderful insight! I am afraid my kids are too old to do this with. They would be even more truthful!
Meriam
Where is all the sweeping and mopping coming from you only did it once during our visit. What a kid.
But Bailey knows you pretty well. You were brave. The car backing up is inherited on the woman side of the family.
love grandma
That's awesome. I love it. I wonder if I dare do that... ugh!
p.s. love the picture of the girls! So cute!!!
Fun! I don't dare to do this. And, I do NOT have good driving/maneuvering skills. I wouldn't ever try to back up in a bind. Especially the church parking lot.
SO CUTE!!! A fabulous idea.. of the many ideas I get from you!! I want to do it just to see how my children see me!! AHhh.. maybe not. bUt what insight into their mind of you their mother dear.. Truly they said it well and with great love!! It's obvious how fabulous you really are!!!
Thanks for a good Laugh McKenna!!! Bailey you really know your Mom. So much fun! I'll have to do this with my girls.
Kassie
Hilarious!!! I miss those girls. Now go sweep and mop that floor Ha Ha Ha
wow now that is FUNNY that little girl she probably thinks you are the maid! (he he he he he)
So funny! Man, Bailey is just good at the truth or buttering you up, and McKenna is hilarious with the cleaning stuff. I have new saying for you to tell her...."M is for MOM, not for MAID." Her answers cracked me up!
Post a Comment