Monday, December 1, 2008

Experiments

My beloved dictionary defines experiment as a test made to determine the nature of something not yet known. Well three experiments were tested in the Frandsen home over the past week. One, am I able to author an article even though I got consistent C's in English? (yes that's college too) Two, if you straighten the hair of a 4 year old that we think has split personality syndrome (because we think the curls contribute to the madness), will it calm the waters? Finally, the final and last experiement: Can Barry Manilow find fans across generation gaps? What do you think? Decide the outcomes before you read on and see if you were right in your hypothesis.

ONE: I was asked to be a feature writer for a friends website, Steals and Deals, which by the way is a fabulous plethora of ways to spend your money, but cheaper! Wait is that an oxymoron? Spend money but do it with less? That is another experiment for another day. Here is my feature, you can be the judge of worthiness!

SECOND: While the change in hair is mighty pretty on the little one, alas, there is to be no calming effect! Oh well if you are going to have a crazy personality trait, why not look great while living through it?!



THREE: Well, Barry M. you will be happy to know that YES YES YES you can find fans across all generation gaps. After all as quoted in Madagascar 2, "whaaaaaat?! it never gets old!" Watch Bailey closely, she has the whole song memorized with her own dance moves added in. I hope this tragic song doesn't traumatize my McKenna. We found her approaching us all weekend asking, "But mom, why did Rico shot Tony??? and why was there blood?" Good thing it's jazzy?!





10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the joys of having a smart, creative, and extremely beautiful wife; a very musical, talented, and beautiful first daughter; and a determined, smart, and beautiful second daughter. The joys, laughs, and excitement are never ending. Let's keep it up...

Mark (or Dad)

Anonymous said...

Wow, Barry Huh?... We laughed out loud what a great performance those were some good moves.

McKenna's hair looks pretty. I bet that took a lot of time and patience. I'm glad the wild child didn't go away with the curls. She is so adorable.

Now I'm going to have Coca Cabana stuck in my head all day

Anonymous said...

Miss Bailey and McKenna... you are both too beautiful!!!! I can't wait to see this dance in person someday! I'm sure the video doesn't do it justice.

~Becky

{ps}
The curls are just who she is... straight looks beautiful, but the ever-so-curly hair is so too adorable with her princess personality. BTW, how on earth did you do that... and did she really sit still that long?!?!

Laurie said...

I'm with Becky.... How did you get the curls out of McKenna's hair!? I've been trying to do that my whole life with no success!!! Please pass on the trick!

And Barry, my boy! He's the BOMB! (I used to belong to his fan club, you know!) That's one of my fave songs! We changed the words and made a camp song out of it when we were at girls camp one year. Something about: "And then there's Jane, crusted curlers in her hair, and she forgot the Nair"... Or something like that. :-) Good times! You guys just have too much fun! Watching the girls dance like that reminds me of Gay and I in the basement when we were that age. Mom ALWAYS had records playing and Gay and I put on dance shows ALL THE TIME! Too much fun!!! And Mark, you ARE a very lucky man!

Anonymous said...

OH MY, I LIKE THE CURLS.
Great dance moves Bailey!!
Good back up McKenna!
But Barry? and the tune stays in your head is right.
Keep up the talents & fun, love grandma

Anonymous said...

PS your artical was great! Where did you learned those shopping skills?
Me maybe, somewhat. love ya Mom

Krista said...

I love the hair. Funny about BM! And now you can added talented author to you list of many talents! You are just too cool!

Anonymous said...

GREAT to everything! Dancing Queens for sure (wait, thats ABBA)! Leslie, that was a great article. Another one? Thanks for sharing the web site. I couldn't stop searching for bargains! -- Dee Ann

Meriam said...

Hey Dad, you need to take the girls on the road with you!!
Way to go guys!

sherisse said...

love the dancing mckenna and the staight hair is very cute but you gotta love the curls and its much easier. katelyn has natural curls too but not as much and its a chore to go staight. love the cute family picture too, you have a darling family. the market sounds like a lot of fun, i haven't forgot about you, i'm still coming i promise. have a great holiday.