Last week was the first of 2 parent teacher conferences for this school year. You always go into these meetings a little nervous, hoping that they praise your child for not only academic success but behavior and social success as well, and you walk away with some constructive criticism that you as a parent can help your child with.We are so proud of Bailey this year. We got an excellent report not only with her academic works but her social behavior as well (except she talks too much). This in a year that has been very difficult for Bailey to adjust to; more than one teacher, book reports, science reports, harder subjects and more responsibility for being accountable in her work. Bailey did so well that she will be listed on the honor roll! Fabulous! I'm beaming! We showed so much excitement at the news that Bailey too was beaming. Then when we returned to the car Bailey asked "What is an Honor Roll?"
What subjects did she excel at so far this year? Well she got an A+ in music (Dad was thrilled) AND an A in science (mom was thrilled)! Go Bailey! Go Bailey!
And what about McKenna? Well, good news for her as well. McKenna's teacher reports that she has come a long way socially from the beginning of the school year. Mom and Dad are THRILLED. And just this Sunday (I kid you not, after all it is not a laughing matter har har) she walked right into Primary without looking back. This is a huge milestone for my little girl . . . and I am I feeling a little bit sad and nostalgic that even though both my children are on the road of growth and development, ultimately this is the same road leading to independence from Mark and I. Don't worry, we'll take it and enjoy every step.
6 comments:
Good job Bailey and Mckenna! Ah Leslie, I just caught up with you (via the blog) and I love your postings. I really enjoyed reading your travel logs on Rome. Oh Rome, how I long to go back!ps-and yes I do love those red earing! Makes me think, I need a pair of good luck earings for my travels.
Yay Bailey!!!!! That is so great!!! and McKenna, you are just growing up so fast! Oh how I wish I could wrap my arms around you both and just give you the biggest hug in the world!
Keep up the good work!!!
(Bailey, isn't it time for another video piano concert? Some holiday music maybe?)
Love you all,
Aunt Laurie
Way to go Bailey and McKenna! Bailey you are such a smart kid it is so great to see you excel in both your creativity and your science. It is also nice to hear McKenna is succeeding as well. You both are growing up so fast. Mark and Leslie the girls achievements are a reflection of your excellent parenting. Congrats on raising up two adorable smarty pants.:)
That's great! Congratulations, Bailey! Keep up the good work! I can't believe that she is already in middle school. Jordan still has 2 more years to go until she gets there. It doesn't start until 6th grade here.
YOU GO GIRLS!!And let's put some icing on the cake for Bailey...In dance class she is doing Excellent also, she listens the entire class, remembers the dance steps from the week prior, picks up the new steps with-in mins. and has a great attitude. She is a joy to have in class. And I'm with Laurie on a video piano concert:)
YAAAAAY BAILEY & McKENNA!!!!!!!! I think doing so well in school deserves a bowling night! What 'cha think?
Way to go! Keep up the awesome work!!!
~Becky
Post a Comment