Saturday, September 6, 2008

McKennaism's



McKenna is preparing for a big change in her life . . . preschool. Honestly I have no idea how this is going to go but I will tell you it will be either really really good or really really bad. There is no middle ground when it comes to my little one.

So in preparing her for this big change we are reading books about preschool. After finishing one night I asked, "McKenna, are you ready for school?" As she jumps up from the bed and stands on her tippy toes she exclaims, "Well of course! Because I'm all growed up!"

And finally, just today I was the lucky recipient of yet another McKennaism:

While walking to the living room from the kitchen with McKenna tagging behind I hear, "Wow, Mom you have a big bum."

Wheeling around to look at her I say shocked, "WHAT?!"

"Well, are you a mom?" she answers innocently.

"Yes" I say through gritted teeth.

"Well, then you have a big bum. I have a small bum because I am still a little girl" stated matter of factly with no intent to offend and continues on her way to her spot on the couch. She thinks she is SO clever.

11 comments:

Laurel said...

Too funny! Does she just thinks all moms have big bums? She is so hilarious and such a character.

Smith Family said...

That's the best!! I hope Preschool works out. What ever will you do with yourself? :-)
I loved the bum comment, that is classic.

Krista said...

That comment made me laugh since Niki said something very similar by saying GIRLS have long bums and boys have short bums. I guess it is true. At least he didn't comfirm that shame I have about a big bum. But your's isn't big--you are thin and look great! I guess when they are looking from the perspective/level they are at, they get a lot of looks at bums and see them differently! Thank goodness mine is behind me!

Anonymous said...

Do you remember the "Becky... you have a baby in your belly" comment?

No McKenna... I just am that big :o)

~Becky
A mother of only animals...

Keisha Gwin said...

She never fails when it comes to a good laugh huh? Sorry that it's at your expense this time Leslie...but she is HILARIOUS! Watch out fellow pre-schoolers, she's gonna give you all a run for your money!

Paul and Holly Domm said...

She is so funny! I can only imagine the stories that will come once she starts preschool. Oh boy! On another note...I thought of you as I was looking at a friends blog and she takes beautiful pictures as well. She took some baby pictures for a friend and I thought you should see them-they might give you an idea or two. Her name is Debbie(on my friends and family list)-her site is nyandca...

Danette said...

Oh yes she is a character and we miss her and Bailey. Can't wait to hear how preschool goes for her and what she is going to make of it. Your friend is right she will give them a run for their money. Love the pictures especially the "dancing" one with the pointed fingers. So McKenna

Mandy said...

THat's a great story! And I love the pics of her! SO cute!

I hope she goes easily for you and loves it!

Angela said...

What would we mothers do without the little ones to keep us in check?! Good luck with preschool!

Michelle said...

That is so funny!!! I'm still laughing!!! She and Mahlia would make quite a pair, I'm telling you. I'm still laughing....

kristine said...

She is awesome..! our phone conversation did not give that story justice!! You have a beautiful bum by the way. Together you and your family have some of the greatest tales!! I needed more of a Leslie fix.. thanks!! I laughed a hard and long one after her innocent reply.. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!