I took my mom and aunt to Bavaria and we had a lot of great experiences down there but our big day was spent in Salzburg Austria, you know, "The hills are alive with the sound of . . . . . yup, music". We took the "Sound of Music Tour" and really enjoyed it.
Here is a little bit of goofy and a little bit of classic:
Remember Do, Re, Mi? There is the fountain and the steps are right behind.
She's not 16 going on 17 (thank goodness!)

There is the Trapp house:

Dum, Dum, da Dum! (you know. . . the wedding march!)

Some may think I have gone a little loco as we came home from Bavaria yesterday and as my mom and aunt fly home to the good 'ol usa, we will be back on the road to spend time with Mark and the band while they serenade the good people of Italy! We are taking complete advantage of the summer months and doing as much as we can! Summer vacation rocks!
There is the Trapp house:
Dum, Dum, da Dum! (you know. . . the wedding march!)
Some may think I have gone a little loco as we came home from Bavaria yesterday and as my mom and aunt fly home to the good 'ol usa, we will be back on the road to spend time with Mark and the band while they serenade the good people of Italy! We are taking complete advantage of the summer months and doing as much as we can! Summer vacation rocks!
8 comments:
I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!!!
You know this is the one thing I want to do before I die! Take this tour! I'm so glad it is one of the last things Gay and Sherrie did before coming home! That means they will remember it well and can tell me ALL about it!!! Can I just sing along? THE HILLS ARE ALIIIIIVE, WITH THE SOUND OF MUSIC! AHHHHHH!!!! Heaven!
yeah you got a post in... So glad you had a good time I think the serenading tour bus would have made me bonkers after a while but worth seeing all the pretty places. I loved McKenna's high note at the end of the video. Have fun in Italy and see you in less than two weeks yahoo!
ps. Dad called me last night he was bummed out he missed Mom's phone call on Sunday and said he had been checking the blog everyday to see what you all are up to. Perhaps he's getting a little lonely?... and ... he said he had to clean up the house today and do all the chores mom asked him to do while she was gone. I must get my housekeeping skills from him :)
If McKenna doesn't look just like Danette did when she was little! That was beautiful, and even made me cry!! How blessed you guys are to have all of this fun adventure at your doorstep. Take advantage of every single minute!
Now I will be singing "The Sound of Music" all day long! "What do you call a problem like Maria??"
AHHH! I'm glad you are taking these trips so we can pick your brain when you get home. Good for you, enjoy the final weeks of summer break! ENJOY!
ps,...we've missed seeing you around in person!
How fun!! I have definitely loved following your adventures and all the fun things you guys have been doing!
You are so lucky to be able to visit Austria! I really want to go there sometime soon and it seems like you have gone atleast to Bavaria a ton. You will definitely have to fill me in on all the cool places to go.
WOW! That is AWESOME! Everytime I get a chance to show John your blog he says, "you have got to find out where we fly into... we need to go!" You seem to be the ultimate tour guides!!! Good for you - live it up while you're there! Ü
Post a Comment