Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Rockin' birthday party

We were able to spend Sunday afternoon with our neighbors the Specht's to help celebrate Micheal's 17th birthday. We sat in the bright warm sun and felt the wind on our faces while we enjoyed another fabulous traditional German birthday. Remember? Cake first, relaxing conversation, then dinner! The cake first is my favorite part.

When Mark and Michael's busy schedules work out, they get together so Mark can help him learn to play guitar. So this afternoon we were able to see teacher and student work together to put on a show. They played "Summer of 69", "Sweet Home Alabama" and of course a rockin' Happy Birthday song. Plus Mark got an early birthday present from Freddie, Claudia and Michael that matched Micheal's present. A great shirt that was worn by both during our "concert". If it is difficult to read it says, "Anti Hip Hop Alliance" which is so fitting for these two rock and roll stars. So here are a few shots and a sound bit. Enjoy!





3 comments:

Paul and Holly Domm said...

I love the sound bite and the shirts. The party sounds like so much fun(I have to admit cake first really does sound fabulous)! ps-Paul loves the job you did on the bedroom(Leslie).

Michelle said...

Gotta love that bass!!! I always love reading about your adventures!

Laurel said...

That sounds like alot of fun. I wish we had neighbors that we actually knew and could hang out with. You are very lucky!