Whew!!!! What a ride, glad you could join us if even through the blog! Part of this is to provide enticement to come visit us. We would love company and just see the adventures that await you!
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Bulb Fields and Kinderdijk (final)
Here are a few shots of the bulb fields that were near our apartment. Love that!



This was a creative shot that I took while we were driving in the car. I lagged my shutter speed to blur the action. Love this shot too!
Our last stop on our Holland adventure was a bitty town called Kinderdijk. It boasts the largest grouping of windmills in one place, 19 in all! The windmills here are used to move water from one canal to the next to prevent flooding. These shots just screamed to use black and white and I really like the results. I like the silhouette shot as well, best in color! My favorite shot is of my friend Kristine with her son!




Whew!!!! What a ride, glad you could join us if even through the blog! Part of this is to provide enticement to come visit us. We would love company and just see the adventures that await you!
Whew!!!! What a ride, glad you could join us if even through the blog! Part of this is to provide enticement to come visit us. We would love company and just see the adventures that await you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
OH MAN! I just read through all the post and I had a smile on my face the whole time thinking of what a great experience that was for you guys. I want to go, I want to see, I want to smell it, touch it, and taste all those yummy pancakes! All you pictures are so beautiful you really have developed such a talent Leslie. I love the color in the drive-by one and the feeling for the history in the black and white windmill pictures and your beautiful picture of the flower in the sun brilliant! Sigh I'm going to go to bed with dreams of tulips, clogs, and pancakes in my head. Thank you for sharing.
I love the flower fields. You were lucky to be able to see not only Amsterdam, but its surrounding areas. We are definitely going to have to go back and see some more.
I second all that Danette said. This trip looked so amazing to me one I could really love. I think I can smell it through the computer, flowers & pancakes. Want to see some of the costumed people like the guy at the windmill?
DO you know how to ROCK my world! With all the fab times and tales and toots, I am ever thankful to you and Mark for this adveture together! Come hide away in my suitcases and be forever just mine! I am yours forever dearest friend and I will love the photos stories and the memories of you and I for always! B E A U T I F U L!!!!!! I love the images you captured! Thank YOU!!
Leslie- thanks for the input and advice on Brigitte's and my trip to Holland. I've heard about the Anne Frank house but not in such detail as you provided and now I think it's a MUST.
And NOW I'm in the know about the pancakes (which I probably wouldn't have touched without your info)! Thanks so much for emailing Brige and lending your bit o' expertise.
~Al
Of all the places I want to see.. THIS IS ONE OF THEM!!! Oh, I'm feeling a tinge of jealousy coming on.
Post a Comment