Friday, April 4, 2008

Top Ten

There are a million other worthwhile things to be doing right now but this oughta be fun: Thanks to my good friend Kristine's blog I was inspired to try to list my top ten favorite things. My top ten list in no particular order are tangible things in my life that aren't necessarily essential but more to do with brightening my day and bringing me pleasure (Mark you really are #1), so here goes:

1. Vera Wang pillow top mattress. Who knows if it is because her name is on it but I don't care, hands down this is the best part of my day, crawling into bed and feeling like I'm laying on cotton balls.





2. Microwave heating bag. Mine is red and was given to me years ago by my good friend Sherisse who actually made it. I think it is filled with chicken feed?? Some years it is used more than others but since our move to this German house that has no carpet and only bitter ice cold hard tile, this is heaven on my feet and body when combined with #1. It is totally necessary when Mark is on the road.



3. Flip flops year round. Because of the bitter ice cold hard tile floors. In the winter I use them with socks that have the toes in their very own hole. They have to be worn, they're the only thing that works because I hate wearing shoes in the house. Some of my friends are lucky enough to have floor heating, just the thought makes my head swim. There is one spot in my house, the hallway between the kitchen and bedroom that is always warm, but you can't stand in the hall all day!

4. Kitchen gloves. Perfect for keeping the "ewh" out and the soft in, and especially when I take precious time to actually paint my nails. These are a life saver. By the way, the term "dust bunnies"? This is not an adjective it is a noun in my German home. Maybe it is because I don't have carpet for them to hide in but they exist and they are big and scary, hence the splendid gloves!



5. B&BW body cream. It has to be cream, not the watery lotion. This is a must in my daily regimen. I don't even need perfume with these babies. Give me anything in their line up that doesn't have a food in the title and I bet it is splendid. Hey, I even put it on my hands before donning the gloves and bingo, manicure complete!


6. Diet Coke. Come on now, you knew this was coming, didn't you? Nuf said.







7. Lip balm, doesn't have to be blistex but it better be something. They are in my purse, car, bedside, bathroom and probably in the crook of the couch.





8. MY black sweater. Now I don't look near as glamorous in my black sweater as Audrey here, but it really feels like second skin. It is old, old-fashioned and faded, probably because I wore it one day while using bleach (I know, what was I thinking?! Black and bleach?!) I hate the day that rolls around when it needs to be washed because it standing up on its own. Luckily I have my trusty black sharpie (didn't quite make the cut for the list but man do I love this pen) to fill it back in. Don't laugh, it works! But if I ever lost this I would be panicked and truly sad.

9. Roladens. Hands down the best thing Germany has invented . . . period. They are window coverings on the outside and were originally made during World War II to protect home owners from the night time enemy. Today they are wonderful because they can be closed and instantly you have midnight in the middle of the day. They are energy efficient during all seasons: letting warm sun in during winter and keeping hot sun out during summer. And I bless them many times over during the summer when the sun rises at 4:00am and the sun doesn't set until 11:00pm!


10. Computer and Camera. I know, that is pretty boring but the computer is not only necessary (bills, homework, research etc) but also very pleasurable (communicating with friends and family from afar, blog hopping). And I don't even need to explain the camera if you know me even just a little. The camera brings much creative pleasure to my life.

So when I asked Mark what his top ten list is I had to tease him, he was not allowed to say bass, another bass, amp, bigger bass, bigger amp, 2 more basses, 3 more amps and finally the $10,000 bass that he drools over repeatedly. Hee Hee.

No comments: