I really didn't think it would happen . . . my father took a major step and flew in a plane all the way to Germany to visit us. I'm really proud of him for stepping out of his comfort zone and coming! This was a challenge for him and he came through with flying colors. I hope he knows how much I appreciate his effort. I have missed my parents a lot since we moved to Germany and having them in my home for a week helped me to feel reconnected to them. Of course the best part is to see my children re-establish their relationship with their grandparents. I think one of my parents favorite things in life was becoming a grandparent, you can just see it in their faces! We gave them the full german experience, schnitzel, castles, a variety of german beer, brats, gluhwein (traditional hot Christmas drink), Christmas markets, autobahn, car ferry across the Rhein, apfel strudel . . . it goes on and on. We visited both small and large Christmas markets. Dad came to Heidelburg with us and was really impressed with the castle. Then mom and I spent a couple of days, just the girls, to do more. We loved spending one night at my sweet German neighbors home where we shared pumpkin pie with them. It was their first taste our our traditional Thanksgiving treat and they really liked it. It will be some time before we meet again but we have good memories of our german adventures to keep us company until then! Thanks Dad and Mom!Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Grandpa and Grandma's visit
I really didn't think it would happen . . . my father took a major step and flew in a plane all the way to Germany to visit us. I'm really proud of him for stepping out of his comfort zone and coming! This was a challenge for him and he came through with flying colors. I hope he knows how much I appreciate his effort. I have missed my parents a lot since we moved to Germany and having them in my home for a week helped me to feel reconnected to them. Of course the best part is to see my children re-establish their relationship with their grandparents. I think one of my parents favorite things in life was becoming a grandparent, you can just see it in their faces! We gave them the full german experience, schnitzel, castles, a variety of german beer, brats, gluhwein (traditional hot Christmas drink), Christmas markets, autobahn, car ferry across the Rhein, apfel strudel . . . it goes on and on. We visited both small and large Christmas markets. Dad came to Heidelburg with us and was really impressed with the castle. Then mom and I spent a couple of days, just the girls, to do more. We loved spending one night at my sweet German neighbors home where we shared pumpkin pie with them. It was their first taste our our traditional Thanksgiving treat and they really liked it. It will be some time before we meet again but we have good memories of our german adventures to keep us company until then! Thanks Dad and Mom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment