Mark and I were able to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary in PARIS! Leading up to the trip and even once we got there it was difficult to wrap my head around the fact that I was actually there! Paris is only for movie stars or people with lots of money and yet we did it! It really felt like a huge accomplishment. We couldn't wait to come home and share our stories with the girls and we are already planning the next trip so we can take them with us.
We did it all too! We walked more than I have ever walked in my entire life, we saw Mona Lisa, Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame Cathedral, Champs Elysees and the most beautiful cathedral with glass windows, St. Chapelle. We kissed under the Eiffel Tower at night just as the magical lights appeared. We had french pastries for breakfast, baguette sandwiches for lunch and great dinners at sidewalk cafes, and we made sure that we had crepes and pastries whenever we wanted in between.
When you ask someone that has been to Paris whether they liked it or not there is no gray area. You either love it or hate it. Mark and I fell in love with Paris, we loved the culture, the lifestyle and the food. We loved that after 15 years of marriage we were able to experience Paris together as best friends. We each have different things that we loved and will remember about Paris, for me it was the Impressionistic art at the Orsay and the Eiffel Tower at night. Mark loved the Latin Quarter and the Notre Dame Cathedral.
This will not be our last visit to Paris and I know the next time we go I will see even more things to make me love this city. Next time we'll share it with our girls and it will be just as great as the first time!
No comments:
Post a Comment